Welcome, Visitors

This blog is here, so I may as well use it to display the art pieces I create. More than four years after I started, my main medium is still graphite and colored pencil, but I am also now experimenting with watercolor paints. Such pieces as I deem worthy will be displayed here, however, after posting the few back-dated pieces, my postings may not be too regular. I've been known to destroy unfinished pieces I do not like or to just not finish those pieces and move on to something else.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Art Journals

I have long thought about starting my own art journal, but then, I realized two things.  First, and foremost, I haven't a clue what I'm doing.  I've studied art basically on my own since 2006, using various texts... Second, I think this blog is (or could be) an art journal of sorts, although it's sometimes altogether too public for my comfort, whereas, in book form any art journal I work on would be much more private.

True, I haven't posted much lately, or done much with my art either.  That's my sole resolution for 2015 - to work on my art more, and  perhaps start that private art journal - in a real sketchbook.  The only thing I really lack is the motivation to do something out of my comfort zone.  The Artist's Community Project on The Artist's Network might just be that motivation. Comments anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment