Welcome, Visitors

This blog is here, so I may as well use it to display the art pieces I create. More than four years after I started, my main medium is still graphite and colored pencil, but I am also now experimenting with watercolor paints. Such pieces as I deem worthy will be displayed here, however, after posting the few back-dated pieces, my postings may not be too regular. I've been known to destroy unfinished pieces I do not like or to just not finish those pieces and move on to something else.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For The Birds

This bird might be a little difficult to see. Some of my lines aren't as dark as others... but that's okay at this stage, since it's an in-progress scan of a sketch I plan to paint. As usual, I've drawn a subject from drawspace.com. Lesson J07 is about using a grid to establish proportions in your drawing - which is what I attempted to do here; only I liked the little bird in the lesson so much I wanted to draw him... so I did the best I could...

In my search for a wren with similar markings, I ran across this blog with a photo of an absolutely perfect specimen of a male Superb Blue Fairy Wren.  Curious as to what the female looks like, I took a look at some of the other entries on the same blog. I knew she wouldn't be as colorful, but thought she might still make interesting sketch material.


No comments:

Post a Comment